Thursday, August 27, 2009

Monday I received the epidural shot. The procedure was really easy. I dressed in a very stylish hospital gown, opening to the rear, and matching hair net, and reposed onto a hospital bed under a warm blanket. It was quite chilly in the room and Karen had goose bumps.

I joked with a friendly nurse while she put an IV into the back of my left hand. I was rolled into a surgical room and moved to another bed on my stomach. The last thing I remember is the doctor warning me, "this is going to be cold" and cleaning my back with some liquid.

I woke up back in the room I started in. Moments later Karen came walking in with a nurse. I got dressed and was wheeled out to the car in a wheel chair. No fuss no muss. Karen told me she was out in the waiting room about 20 minutes. I went home and took a short nap and woke up feeling fine.

Tuesday I went to the gym and rode the stationary bike and walked a bit. Wednesday I walked a bit. Today my back is a little stiff, but no pain. So is the shot working or is my back just better. I saw my chiropractor on Tuesday and he told me I would never be totally "fixed". His job was to maintain a symptom free condition for me.

I think I'm feeling better because of my titanium necklace!!! It could happen!!

No comments: