Friday, November 27, 2015

From time to time Justin will write poems from a one-sentence prompt. The prompt he gave me this evening was "a midnight kiss is always the best way to start the day."  So from that prompt I wrote the following poem in about 45 minutes.



Midnight Kiss

The desk clock struck twelve as we entered the room,
She my blushing bride and I her proud groom.
We’ve started a new life; our past lives are done,
The paths of two lives, joined together as one. 

A midnight kiss is always the best way to start
the day to top all days, to join in one heart.
The kiss leads to another, then another, and more,
My bride, my lover, the partner I adore. 

Lost in each others arms we collapsed on the bed,
Bodies entwined, by our passions we’re led.
Finished, we lay on the sheets in repose,
The deep midnight kiss that curled my toes.   

--Ken Ferguson--
Artista di Parole

No comments: