Friday, April 4, 2008

"Stop-Loss" the movie


I saw the movie "Stop-Loss" Monday evening with my two sons. I dare say all three of us were moved by it's viewing. It's a movie about a group of guys who come home to Texas from a tour in Iraq with the Army. One of the characters learns that instead of getting out he is being sent back to Iraq for another tour on the stop-loss program. He goes AWOL in an attempt to stop his return to the war.

The movie seems to deal with the war fairly, not taking sides on the issue of whether it is right or wrong. The movie does give you some idea of how the war is impacting the young soldiers who are on the front lines fighting, and in some ways, helps put faces to the numbers we read in the papers of killed and injured.

Some of the footage in the beginning of the movie is actual footage shot in Iraq. I recommend you see this movie. I dare you to see this movie. It might just make you re-think this war we are in.

No comments: