Tuesday, July 29, 2008


We're rockin' and rollin' here in So. Cal. as we were hit by a moderate earthquake at about 11:42 a.m. The preliminary evaluation of the quake is 5.4, centered 2 miles south/west of Chino Hills.

I was sitting at my computer when there was a sharp jolt, brief shaking, and then another jolt, then a rolling feeling. It lasted about 10-15 seconds. I made it to my hallway to seek cover when Josh came out of his room, awakened by the shaking. Within just a couple of minutes Karen called me from work on her cell phone to check on us. She had been evacuated from her office building after pictures fell to the floor.

The news is reporting as many as 27 after shocks as high as 3.0 within minutes after the initial jolt, but I haven't felt any of them. Minor damage has been reported in the area. The earthquake has been felt as far away as San Diego and Las Vegas. We haven't had a good quake like this in quite awhile.

No comments: