Saturday, December 27, 2008


Went for a bike ride today and as you can see, our local mountains are covered with snow. It sure is nice looking at the snow from here even though it was a chilly 57 degrees today!!

My ride was quite eventful. At about 4 1/2 miles I got a flat rear tire. When I got the tire open, I found it wasn't a puncture, like I usually get, but a slice. So I had to replace the inner tube with the only spare I was carrying.

Then I stumbled upon "sickboy" who was in the wash painting his name on the wall. He was being watched by two other "skaters" who were sitting along the edge of the wash . I stopped and had a short chat with the boys as "sickboy" slowly walked away from his artwork. I asked if he (the painter) was "sickboy" and they confirmed that he was. They were young taggers and not gangsters, so I wasn't too concerned about getting shot.


Because of the flat tire, I was out as it was getting dark. I was able to snap this photo of the SoCal setting sun.

No comments: