Thursday, October 28, 2010

Our flight home was exciting. We all loaded onto the plane and the captain came on the intercom and told us we would be leaving a little early. Then we sat, and sat, and sat. While sitting, we watched a lady and man get their luggage and leave the plane. The captain came on the intercom again and said the couple had a fight and were asked to leave the plane. So instead of leaving a few minutes early, we left 20 minutes late.

When we landed in Miami, we found that we had to walk from one concourse to another to catch our connecting flight. We managed to buy a packaged sandwich at a kiosk on the way.

Our flight from Miami to LAX was on a 767 which had two isles with three seats in the middle. We were two rows from the rear of the plane in the center area. While it's a bigger plane, there seems to be less room in the seats. My knees were touching the seat in front of me and when the guy in front of me put his seat back, there was no room at all. We even had the typical crying baby behind us.

We made it to LAX on time and were able to collect our luggage and find Jim's wife without any hassle. I don't care much for air travel. Give me my FJ Cruiser and an open road anytime. I hope they have the tunnel to Puerto Rico done before our next trip!!!!

No comments: