Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Severe weather in the south has produced over 130 tornadoes. One hit in the neighborhood of Huntsville, Alabama, where my son Brian lives. The weather channel is calling it a line of super cells that went thru the area. Many have lost their lives and hundreds are injured.

I've spoken to my son this evening and his house sustained damage to the roof and had windows blown out. Brian and Selina were at work when the tornado passed thru. Brian told me Carla and the rest of the family are fine and unaffected so far. The power is out and they went to a friend's house who later lost their power.

As I write this entry at about 8:25 pm, severe storms are still running around in the Atlanta, Ga area and as far north as the Washington D.C. area. The photo above is of a tornado that hit Tuscaloosa, Al. today.

No comments: