Tuesday, October 22, 2013


If you don't believe there are some severe right-wing nut jobs out there, meet Kevin Swanson.  Kevin Swanson is a right-wing radio host and the pastor of the Reformation Church OPC in Castle Rock Colorado. He message: Don't buy Girl Scout cookies.

Swanson - The individualism of feminism has been devastating to this country. I’d say you ought to say no to Girl Scout cookies too. I don’t want to support lesbianism, I don’t want to support Planned Parenthood and I don’t want to support abortion, and if that be the case I’m not buying Girl Scout cookies. Now I suppose if you take a big, fat, black magic marker and you say, ‘give me that box,’ and you start marking out all of the references to the Girl Scouts of America on all the boxes then maybe we’re not promoting that organization anymore and I’d be willing to buy it. Maybe it’s not food offered to idols anymore if I had the opportunity to scratch out references to the Girl Scouts of America on the boxes of the Girl Scout cookies offered to me at Safeway.

Swanson alleged that girls shouldn't participate in Girl Scout sales because they might then think it is acceptable to be “a woman who is going to compete with men in the marketplace,” when they should train their daughters on how to become “a woman who will be a help meet to a man so he can compete in the marketplace.”

Swanson added that Girl Scouts are creating a generation of independent women who will put a “communisin (I think he means communist) in the White House” and promote the “gay and lesbian agenda.”

So if you needed a reason to buy more Girl Scout cookies, I don't, then here ya go.

No comments: