Monday, March 3, 2014

Weekend News

Over the weekend we received several inches of rain.  Friday I think we were hit by a little tornado.  A large gust of wind hit the house and caused the door from the garage to the house to fly open hit the wall and slam shut.  It also caused a door to the closet that used to house our heater to fly open and it caused the cover of the attic to fly up.  We also had several claps of thunder.  Pretty cool.

Saturday I was rear ended in Eastvale coming home from Jamba Juice.  Some lady didn't see that I had stopped for traffic in front of me and ran right into the back of my FJ Cruiser.  There was no damage to my car, but my bike rack did a job on the hood of the lady's cube car.  We exchanged names and went on our separate ways.

Last week I signed up for 24-hour Fitness.  There is a real nice gym about two miles from our house. It has lots of free weights and machines, lots of cardio machines, and a pool with a steam room and sauna.  So Sunday afternoon I was at the gym and drying off in the locker room when a guy near me started to rant about the government after seeing a news clip on the TV about Russia invading the Ukraine.  Next thing I know he is ranting about President Obama taking away our guns.  Really?  So I asked him why, after five years as president, Obama hadn't already taken them away.  I know, why argue with them, but he started in on how President Obama was going to allow all the immigrants into the US so they would vote for the removal of the guns.  Some times I find it hard to believe these people actually believe these things.

I finished my latest book, "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown last night.  It was very good.  I realized I had read it before, but there were lots of things in the book I had forgotten, including how it ended.

Over the weekend Karen and I got to video chat with my son Brian through Facebook and see our new grandson squawk and cry.  Aw the wonders of technology.

No comments: