Saturday, July 2, 2016



The Old Realm 

I took my last breath and slowly closed my eyes,
Accepting my death - well you know - everyone dies.
I opened them again and imagine my confusion,
It must be a dream, a fantasy, an illusion.

A wonderful new world lay before me instead,
But how could this happen, after all I’m quite dead.
It must be the drugs, I was on quite a few,
A pharmaceutical cornucopia or a pill popper’s stew.

None the less here I am, in a land I’d call foreign,
Significantly different than the one I was born in.
The air is so fresh, the sky clear and bright,
And everywhere I look I discover a new sight.

I look at myself and I’m naked as can be,
With hair to my shoulders and flowing quite free.
I seem to be glowing, my aura is blue,
A feeling of elegance in me is renewed.

A woman’s approaching with soft auburn hair,
She looks twenty-five, her skin soft and fair.
The face is familiar, the smile I recall,
She once was my mother- you see- after all.

Welcome home she cooed with a voice like a dove,
It’s so good to see you again my dear love.
Your life past the old gate was arduous I’m sure
Quite the adventure, a challenge to endure.

But you’re back in the old realm, you’re home safe and sound,
Slowly your memory of this place will rebound.
Where love will rejuvenate the thirst in your soul,
Healing your psyche and making you whole. 

--Ken Ferguson--
Artista di Parole

No comments: