Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Monday evening I went to a Oklahoma City Dodgers baseball game at the Chickasaw Bricktown Stadium.  The Dodgers are the triple-A team for the Los Angeles Dodgers.
 The stadium was pretty nice.  They sold Dodger dogs (a plus) but their relish was in little packets.  (a minus)  It was a nice evening for a game.
I liked the way they marked the women's bathrooms with this salute to the old time women's league. Can you say "League of their Own"?
The section directly behind home plate had quite a few scouts taking notes, using radar guns etc.  It reminded me of "Trouble with the Curve". 
Puig didn't start the game and this is as close as he got to the field that evening.  The Dodgers won the game as the picture Trevor Oaks pitched a no-hitter into the sixth inning and a complete game one-hit game.  A foul ball managed to find it's way into my arms and I gave it to a young boy which brought applause from the crowd.  They sang the song "Oklahoma" after "Take me out to the Ballgame" during the 7th inning stretch.  LOL

No comments: