Monday, October 23, 2017

Update



 The Doorway

The doorway appeared, seems quite out of the blue,
Do I wait a just bit - or plunge right on through?
I could go around, as I see there’s no walls,
Does that seem a bit eerie to you after all?

I could turn around and run straight for the hills,
I’m leaning that way, as it gives me the chills.
But what of the door? It’s enchanted I’m sure.
I’ll take a step closer; oh can I endure?

I stand at the threshold, I’m frozen in fear,
A quick peek inside; what I’m seeing’s not clear.
But there just inside to my wonder and fear,
Are a miniature sleigh and eight tiny reindeer!!

No, no, no, no, it’s not that at all.
It’s way too damn early, you know early Fall?
It’s harvests and witches and kids at the door,
Falling leaves and football and pumpkin spice galore.

(cue thunderbolt)

I wake with a start lying flat on my back,
Feeling like the victim of a murderous attack.
I swear to honor Halloween, or All-Hallows-Eve,
And not rush to Xmas as some would believe. 

--Ken Ferguson--
Artista di Parole

No comments: