Monday, February 5, 2018


The Garden Maze

I gasp.
Standing before the yawning gap
that is the entrance to the garden maze. 
Cold sweat on my palms and brow.
Heart pounding in my chest, 
like mallets against a timpani drum.
I freeze in utter revulsion at my
inability to enter.  

I shudder.

Seven-foot-high walls of an unforgiving 
and unrelenting foliage challenge me.
My world swoons at the stomach wrenching
vertigo that overwhelms me.
My feet are lead as I stand like a statue
before the threshold of the abyss.  

I wail.

Ashamed, at my frailness, dare I say
cowardice, as I face indecision. 
The vile taste of vomitus fills my throat
burning, and bringing tears to my eyes. 
A deafening roar fills my head, as terror 
sinks its razor sharp talons into my soul. 

I flee.

-Ken Ferguson--
Artista di Parole

No comments: