Wednesday, October 9, 2019



Fall

Now summers gone I’m sad to say,
Another Fall is on the way.
With falling leaves and pumpkin spice,
A cooling shower will sure be nice.

I’ve put away the balls and bats,
I’ve stored away the gloves and hats.
Broke out the scarfs and sweaters too,
And got my shot to stop the flu.

The World Series is just ahead,
And once again my Twins are dead.
The Dodgers trying to break the spell,
Just how they’ll fare; it’s hard to tell.

There’s spooks and goblins in the yard,
With ghosts and skeletons standing guard.
There’s Christmas trees on sale at Lowes,
I’m sorry but that’s how it goes.

So, fall is here, and change is neigh,
I’ll shrug my shoulders and give a sigh.
Then dawn my sweater and grab my rake,
Cuz there’re leaves to rake for heaven’s sake.

--Ken Ferguson--
Artista di Parole

No comments: