Monday, January 2, 2023


 Christmas Morning

I can’t find the floor for the ribbons and bows,

Scotch tape is stuck to my elbow and toes.

Wrapping paper piled in a corner of the room,

Heading for the recycle, not a moment too soon.

 

The babies are busy with a truck and new doll,

Sissy on her phone making call after call.

Junior getting antsy just to play his new game,

Yelling at his brother and calling him lame.

 

It’s my turn again as I grab the next box,

Ripping and tearing reveals some new socks.

Cologne and a gift card should round out my haul,

I’m so hard to buy for I’m told after all. 

 

The carnage is over, gift giving complete,

We head to the kitchen to see whats to eat.

I need some hot coffee to jumpstart my heart,

Christmas Day is off to a wonderful start. 

 

--- Ken Ferguson ---

   Artista di Parole

No comments: