Saturday, January 7, 2012


Kansas House Speaker Mike O'Neal (R) is scrambling to save face after forwarding an email to fellow lawmakers that called First Lady Michelle Obama "Mrs. YoMama" and compared her to the Grinch in a bad hair moment.


The email contained this photograph of Michelle Obama and said, "Sorry I just had to send this latest holiday message.  I've had worse hair days, but this is pretty funny."

The message goes on to say, "I'm sure you'll join me in wishing Mrs. YoMamma a wonderful, long Hawaiian vacation - at our expense of course."  

The speaker's office originally defended the photo by saying, "political cartoons are part of  American culture."  The speaker later issued a statement saying, "to those who I have offended, I'm sorry. That was not at all my intent." 


No comments: