Friday, July 20, 2012

Took a header (literally) off my bike this morning at Bonelli Park. This is the only damage to my bike, along with a new squeak from the back wheel.


Injuries were minor - sore wrists, sore left hand, and several abrasions from my helmet.


I ride down this hill two times for each figure 8 I make around the lake/airport. I usually reach about 16-17 mph down the hill. Today was no different.


At the end of the hill is this blind right turn.  I've never encountered anyone in this turn before.  Until today!!  I started into this turn and there was another bike in my path.  I veered to the left and grabbed my brakes. I missed the other bike, but over the handlebars I went and into the bushes.  I landed on my left shoulder and head. It was my fault, as I was going too fast into the turn.  The other rider stopped and inquired about my injuries. 


" They" say of motorcycle riders that there are only two kinds.  Those who have fallen and those who will fall.  Its easy to see that mountain bikes are no different. This is not my first fall, and I'm sure it won't be my last.  I will respect this corner more in the future. 


Reset to zero

No comments: