Monday, December 15, 2014

Torture

So we're no better than the next guy. I don't know if we have chopped anyone's head off on "youtube" but we have tortured people to death or near death.  I thought we were a country of laws?  The Geneva Convention prohibits torture of prisoners.  The 8th Amendment of the Constitution prohibits cruel and/or unusual punishment.  What example do we send?  We torture behind closed doors in hidden dungeons in other countries.  We hold people in jails without a trial.  If someone was pouring water down my throat I'd make up all kinds of stuff to get you to stop too.  I don't even like getting my teeth cleaned because she tried to water board me once. Any of this sound like the Salem witch trials of 1692?  They were tortured until they not only confessed, but gave up someone else in the city.  We've come a long way in 300+ years.




No comments: