Thursday, January 15, 2015

Justin has encouraged me to write poetry.It started with him writing short poems and putting them on Facebook and I began to respond to them.  This is my first attempt at a poem on my own.



The Road Calls to Me

The road constantly calls to me,
Teasing me with the secrets of her twists and turns.
What’s over that next crest, or around the next turn she purrs,
What adventures lie ahead on this side or that?

Join me she pleads, exposing a glimpse of the sultry ribbon of her pavement,
What have I hidden in that secret place, that out of the way corner.
What pleasures will you behold, indeed, what treasures will you find,
Tucked away on the back roads of your journey.

Stretch out your hand, I can take you there, she pleads breathlessly,
Hurry, there’s so much I have in store for you, so much I want you to see.
My pleasures await you, I won’t disappoint you,
The road constantly calls to me,  a sirens song of hushed anticipation.

Ken Ferguson

No comments: