Monday, March 23, 2015



One Vote

I wrote a poem I thought was good,
I poured my heart into it.
I made it rhyme, of course it should,
but somehow really blew it.

I entered it in a poetry contest,
an on-line sort of thing.
Seventeen others joined the quest,
contesting for the bling.

One stinking vote is all I got,
I guess I just don’t have it.
On my record quite a blot,
my genius just not worth shit.

In fairness to the poetry contest,
the winner was quite fine.
I’m still pissed off I failed the test,
and feel a need to whine.  
Ken Ferguson

2 comments:

Brian Ferguson said...

Now that all your whining is done
It's time to climb back on that horse.
Dust yourself off, quite complaining
And get back on the course.

So pick that digital pen back up
And channel your inner muse.
And If you happen to fail again,
Try not to blow a fuse.

-Brian Ferguson :) Haha

Fergie's Dribble said...

Very Nice Brian. It must be in the jeans!!