Monday, October 19, 2015

I have to say, when I saw this photograph it spoke to me. All those books! Waiting to be read. I have a Kindle app on my ipad, but there is nothing better than holding a book, opening the cover, and breathing in the smell of it's pages. Especially old books. So,as has been my practice, I had to write.



The Whisper of the Books

Shhhsh!  Can you hear them? 
The books!
They’re calling out to me. 
Whispering my name.
Begging for my attention.
Pleading for an audience.

Shhhsh!  Can you hear them? 
The books!
Each one has a story to tell,
a tidbit of information to share,
a morsel of data to divulge,
dare I say; a tasty fiction to impart.

Shhsh!  Can you hear them?
The Books!
Their siren song of longing,
To entertain and seduce,
To beguile and inform,
Indeed, to educate and satiate.

Shhhsh!  Can you hear them?
The books!
--Ken Ferguson--

No comments: