Friday, February 5, 2016




“Nothing lasts forever.”
A chilling sentiment not lost
on a man standing at the brink,
dare I say the precipice, of starting
his 64th lap around the sun.

“Everything born must die.”
An eerie whisper to remind me
that the wheel of life, my life,
continues its march to the beat
of its own schedule.

“Time and tide waits for no man.”
A gripping realization that one’s
allotted time on this merry-go-round,
nee roller-coaster we call life,
is fleeting at best.

So does one just roll over and give up?
Screaming at the inevitable?
Howling at the unstoppable?
Screeching at the unthinkable?

NO!!

I chose to soar like an eagle,
with sharpened eyesight
and razor sharp talons.
Swooping down from the clouds  
on my unsuspecting prey.

Delivering a staggering blow to
that bastard time,
who will win in the end,
but not before I’ve left him
bloodied and bruised.

--Ken Ferguson--
Artista di Parole

No comments: