Saturday, August 6, 2016

Went to a baseball game last night in Kansas City between the Kansas City Royals and the Toronto Blue Jays. It's my first time in Royals Stadium, aka Kaufman Stadium, and it was very nice.

I got a nice nose-bleed seat for $25.00 and got there early enough to walk around and explore a bit.  It was overcast but it didn't rain during the game.


We (the Royals) lost the game4-3, but had a chance in the bottom of the ninth to tie but an over-eager base runner was thrown out trying to steal third with one out.  Of course the next batter up singled which would have scored the runner from second base anyway, but that's baseball.

Most of the crowd stayed for the end of the game cheering their team on, not leaving after the seventh inning like lots of Dodger fans. The atmospher was very homey with singing, the wave, and hands on the heart for the star spangled banner. 

After the game they had a real nice fireworks display.  I waited for most of the parking lot to thin out as I wasn't sure how to get back to my hotel.  My GPS took me through the ghetto to get to the game and I didn't want to go back the same way. 

No comments: