Monday, October 16, 2017

Went to Vegas over the last four days for Karen's birthday which is coming up on the 28th..We stayed at the Excalibur Hotel. We had a great time.  We saw Rascal Flatts in concert on Wednesday and the Las Vegas Golden Knights hockey team play the Detroit Red Wings on Friday.  We made our usual deposit and came home.

I wrote this little poem in the coffee shop we stopped at the border coming home.

We’re heading home from Vegas,
Not a penny to my name.
Once again it’s plain to see,
Video poker’s not my game.
Karen played the pennies,
And won a bundle all her own.
Once we’re home I have to admit,
I’ll ask her for a loan.
So we’ll cross the sandy desert,
Mile after mile we’ll fly.
All that money I threw away,
Just makes me want to cry.
We had a good time I cannot lie,
The money’s incidental.
Better spent on fun and games,
I think I’ve gone quite mental.

--Ken Ferguson--
 Artista di Parole

No comments: