Thursday, February 21, 2019


Cell Phone Blues

I left my cell phone at home today,
I’m blind and cannot find my way.
Cut off from the world you see,
Drowning in anxiety.

Who might call or send a text?
Who might need me in a fix?
What if Grandma breaks a hip?
What if Trump should make a slip?

What’s the score of the hockey game?
Will the weather change or be the same?
How will I pay for my mocha frapp?
What if I’m lost and I need a map?

What will I play as I wait my turn?
How can I calculate what I’ve earned?
What’s the date for a week from next Tuesday?
What’s the latest headline on a busy news day?

I’ll make a U-turn and head to the house,
I’ll get in and out as quiet as a mouse.
No one will know, I’ll deny it to the end,
Or post it on Facebook to share with my friends.

--Ken Ferguson--
Artista di Parole

No comments: