Wednesday, February 20, 2019


One Night

I’ll have another she said,
     Never raising her head.
And then keep ‘em coming,
     Her voice laced with dread.

He’s apparently not coming,
     She explained in a whisper.
One night of romance,
     Has become a disaster.

I met him in this bar,
     She pointed out in despair.
A man of pure mystery,
     She looked off in a stare.

He told me he loved me,
     Only hours after we met.
We went up to his room,
     I will never forget.

We made love for hours,                            
     Made me feel like a queen.
Such a passionate lover,
     It now seems just a dream.

I woke the next morning,
     He had fled in the night.
And now here I sit,
     How I must look a sight.

In a dress I wore yesterday,
     Panties tossed in my purse.
No makeup to speak of,
     How could I look worse?

I’ll have another she said,
     As her back seems to stiffen.
And appreciates the adventure,
     As the gift she’s been given.

I’ll chalk it up to experience,
     A life’s lesson learned.
A night filled with romance,
     And passions that burned.

She drained her last glass,
     And quietly smiled a goodbye.
Then she walked from the bar,
     With her head held up high.

--Ken Ferguson--
Artista di Parole

No comments: