Wednesday, March 25, 2020


A b-Movie

I’m living a b-movie,
And you are in it too.
The plot: it seems so simple,
Its really nothing new.

A virus sweeps the nation,
And brings it to its knees.
Doctors fight for every life,
From sea to shining sea.

Doctors say to stay at home,
To hunker down in place.
Social spacing now the rule,
No meeting face to face.

Panic buying swamps the stores,
Shelves emptying in a flash.
Special hours for the old,
And please don’t pay in cash. 

Virus cases on the rise,
Doubling about every three days.
Dead and dying in the halls,
More infected on the way. 

So, in my house I’m huddled,
Wi-Fi don’t fail me now.
My role; to keep from dying,
And eventually take a bow.

Will there be a happy ending?
Will the human race prevail?
We’ll have to await the final act,
To uncover the epic tale.

--Ken Ferguson--
Artista di Parole

No comments: