Monday, May 18, 2009

Hello from Kauai, Hawaii. Started out our day with breakfast on the veranda and a walk/run on the beach. The tide was high and my run was in deep sand. Kicked my arse!!! After a shower and some laundry, we headed out to the other side of the island to explore and find a beach to swim from. After a stop at Starbucks for a frosty drink, we checked out the Wailua Falls.

After the falls we ended up at a beach Waipouu. On the way we picked up some heavy rain and wind. It wasn't about to stop me from going swimming though.

The ocean water here is about 15-20 degrees warmer than San Onofre. The waves were about 7-8 feet high and could really throw you around when they hit you. It was awesome!!!

After I got out of the ocean we sat on a picnic bench under an awning and watched the waves. The sun broke thru the clouds for about an hour and produced this rainbow. Of course my camera doesn't do it justice.

When the rain let up, we went for a walk along the beach. I found this sign in the area where I had just been in the water. Ooops!!

On our way back, we stopped and picked up Panda Express for dinner and brought it back to our bungalow. Quite tasty. It would appear that our hotel is on the dry side of the island as it didn't rain here all day.

No comments: