Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Had a great drive up to Big Sur. I took the "back roads" there utilizing the 15 to the 395 to the 58 to the 99 to the 46 to Hwy. 1. Total travel time was seven hours. Nothing major to report on the way other than the lady at the 7-11 store tried to charge me for three bags of ice instead of two, and some lady made a left turn in front of me on the 395 in Atalanto and tried to kill me.

Got into the camp ground at about 3:3o and set up camp. The campground is very clean and has mostly tents and some small Rv's. Each site has a fire ring, a picnic table, and cooking grill. There is a water spout about 10 yds. from me and a bathroom with flushing toilets about 50 yds. the other way. No Showers.

I must be out in the sticks because when I got into my car to go exploring, Gretchen couldn't find a Starbucks anywhere. I found one in an Albertson's in Moro Bay where I picked up some plastic spoons. It's hard to eat Cheerios with a fork!!! I had to drive 35 miles just to get cell phone service.

After setting up camp, I went for a walk to the nearby beach. Sand Dollar Beach is it's name. It's about a 20 minute walk which ends with about 100 steps down to the sand. I will spend some quality time here over the next couple of days.


My exploring led me to San Luis Obispo where Gretchen found me a Barnes & Noble where I was able to hook up to the Internet and get this post out. Below is the view from the window of Barnes & Noble,

Having a good time. The weather is in the high 60's to low 70's during the day and a bit chilly at night. Lucky I brought an extra blanket.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Looks beautiful there. Hope you are having fun!
Kathy