Thursday, January 21, 2010

I know this radar photo looks an awful lot like yesterday's, but it shows that Today (Thursday) is more of the same. My official unofficial rain gauge is showing 5 3/4 inches of rain since Sunday afternoon.

So I just had to get into my FJ Cruiser and go for a tour of the neighborhood. The photo below is a road that goes to a park and the Creekside Golf Course. As you can see the water is quite high and the road is impassable. I ride my bike through that road all the time and can tell you that that water is about 5-6 feet deep and moving pretty fast.

Below is the water way that leads to the road above. It's good to see that the drainage system for our neighborhood can stand up to a lot of rain.

This is the drainage ditch that runs along the circle that leads to our house. It too is quite full and running pretty good.

The below photo is of a nearby county storm drain that runs to the Santa Ana River and then out to the ocean. Many of the local beaches are closed to swimmers and surfers because of the toxic runoff from the rain storm. Happens every time we get a lot of rain on SoCal. Another thing we get every time there is a big rain storm is some idiots that think they can ride down these storm drains. I haven't heard of any rescues so far.

So after completing my tour of the neighborhood and picking up my frosty drink form Starbucks, I am back home. The rain has stopped for now and my rain gauge is pushing 6 inches. Could be more between now and Saturday.

1 comment:

mans said...

I am at 8.5" of rain