Wednesday, January 20, 2010

So I decided to go to the gym in Riverside yesterday. By the time I arrived there was a light rain falling. I stretched out and moved to the stationary bike. I looked up at the televisions and found "tornado warning" across the bottom of the screen and radar showing the storm front moving onto the shore. Yes siree folks!! A tornado in Southern California.

The photo above shows a water spout off to the west of the Huntington Beach pier. Reports began coming in on the television of a tornado making landfall at the Huntington Beach Marina. Reports were of boats turned over and roofs coming off.

Off course there is water running amok everywhere. The recent burn areas are of great concern. My official unofficial rain gauge in my back yard shows we received an inch of rain in the last 24 hours. Another storm is approaching the coast and is expected to drop 2-4 more inches of rain.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Pat Robertson would have blamed the tornado on So Cal selling out to the Devil...or is this one the gays fault? So many disasters, so few to blame.