Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Been doing some serious riding the last couple of weeks. This last Wednesday I rode at Bonnelli Park. Two fig. 8's around the lake and airport for 18 miles. Saw my first roadrunner of the spring. No snakes. It was a pretty nice day.


Friday I rode the Santa Anna Riverbed from Norco to San Bernardino and back for a total of 40 miles. It was another nice day, but a little windy.

Sunday I rode down the Santa Ana Riverbed from Anaheim Stadium to the beach then turned south and checked out Newport Beach. I didn't care much for the ride south as it was along a bike path that was part of a street with cars making left turns, other cars backing out of garages and side streets, and peds and bikes everywhere.

Headed back north and rode to the Huntington Beach Pier for a breakfast burrito. It was Memorial Day weekend and the beach was packed. So I was dodging kids, dogs, and lots of other bicycles.

After my breakfast burrito, I headed back towards Anaheim Stadium. Had a great tail wind, which always makes the ride back quite enjoyable. Tacked on another couple of miles just north of the stadium and then back for a total of 42 miles for the day. That makes a total of 100 miles for the three days.

No comments: