Monday, July 12, 2010

I have to say my feminism is what got me started down the road to my atheism. It had to do with really thinking about the whole Adam & Eve thing. Why is Eve left holding the bag for original sin? Didn't Adam eat of the forbidden fruit along with Eve?

Now if you read the story closely, you find that Adam was specifically told not to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil or he would die before Eve was on the scene. So didn't Adam directly disobey "God?" Isn't that worse than being deceived by satan? (Interestingly the spell check wants me to capitalize satan!!!) Why doesn't man get more of the blame?

By the way, why didn't Adam and Eve die after eating the fruit as "God" had said?? Adam lived to be 930 years old!! Oh wait, I know the answer to this one!!! The "death" that Adam & Eve suffered was their seperation from "God." Hmmm!!!

A second by the way; Why would a loving parent place something so enticing in front of their children and send someone over to tempt them to try it and then slap them down for doing it??

And by the way again; If "God" knows all, then why couldn't he see Adam & Eve hiding in the garden and have to call out to them asking where they were? Why didn't he know before hand that Adam and Eve would eat the fruit? Too many why's for me thank you very much.

No comments: