Thursday, August 5, 2010

I was surprised to open up my blog and see I last posted on Monday. It's been a busy week, and in a little bit I'll be heading south/east from Seattle on my way home. I'm sitting in Mcee Dees using their wifi and eating, you guessed it, pancakes and sausages. I left my camera in the car, so my photos will have to wait until the next post.

I've gotten to spend some quality time with my dad. He has lost a lot of weight and has a hard time remembering a particular word he wants to use, but he still seems pretty sharp. Tuesday I brought him four dark chocolate Hershey bars and some aftershave, you know the basics of life. I spent dinner time with him and met a couple of his friends. One woman, Dorothy, seems to be quite attentive of him.

I've also gotten to spend a good deal of time with my sisters. I was able to meet Kathy's new girlfriend, Katie, as we broke bread together at the local Applebees. She seems very nice.

I left Bellingham Wednesday morning and met Mike Harden for lunch in Everett. He is doing very well up here. He has been a dog handler for the Lake Forest Park Police Department for the last five years. He and Amy have three children, two boys and one girl. We had a great time catching up at the local Olive Garden.

Wednesday evening I attended a Seattle Mariners baseball game. It took me a little searching to find parking as the stadium is situated in down town and doesn't have parking of it's own like we are used to with Angel or Dodger stadiums. The Mariners lost the game 11-6, that's to be expected I suppose when the first place team (Texas) plays the last place team. (Seattle)

So I'm off today to see the Stonehedge monument and then start south. I'm thinking I'll follow the coast south for something different to look at. More later.

No comments: