Monday, August 2, 2010

Saturday morning my niece Courtney made me a wonderful breakfast of a Lego waffle and three pieces of microwave bacon. Yum yum!!!

We loaded up Deb and the three girls and headed out to the ranch where they have their horse boarded. Shannon, shown below facing the camera, and her sister Courtney shown leading the horse, have saved up their money from doing odd jobs, a garage sale, and several bake sales to amass $1,000 to buy a second horse. That purchase was to take place on Sunday.

So Deb along with Courtney and Shannon spent Saturday cleaning out the stall for the new horse. This ranch where they board their horses is an old thoroughbred ranch owned by some rich winery owner. Deb gets a break on price by doing some of the work around the place.

After a long day of pulling weeds and cleans up the new stall, Deb and the girls brought home pizza for dinner. We sat and ate pizza and crazy bread while watching the TV show Survivor man. He was eating termites out of some old tree!! Yum yum!!!

I was up and out the door of Debbie and Steve's house by 7:15 am and off to the nearby Mcee Dees for pancakes and sausages. A quick fill up of the cruiser and I was off. I hate getting gas in Oregon because there is a law that makes it illegal for you to pump your own gas.

Cottage Grove is famous for it's many covered bridges, so I snapped this quick photo of the covered bridge right off of the main street. The main street is also famous for being the street where the big parade in the movie "Animal House" was shot.

So I made good time and was in Seattle, and bumper to bumper traffic, in no time. You can see the skyline of Seattle in the background. I'm convinced like never before that not all the asshole drivers are in California!!

This photo is the baseball stadium in Seattle that I hope to see a baseball game in on Wednesday evening. I checked into my Motel 6 and then met my sisters for dinner. We had a thousand laughs. Monday I did some exploring and saw my dad. More to come.

No comments: