Friday, November 19, 2010

It's truly a sad day today. I stepped into a Barnes & Noble Store for the last time today. I know - shocking!! Why you may ask??

Today I went to the B & N store on Foothill Blvd. in Rancho Cucamonga. First thing I found was that my Starbucks drink was 20 cents more. When I asked, the clerk told me, "ya the prices just went up today." OK. 20 cents won't break me. Next all the overstuffed chairs in the store are gone. So are the three benches at the magazine rack. The area where the chairs used to be and people used to sit against the wall on the floor has books stacked against it. I also noticed that the electrical outlets are covered. So the only place for someone to sit are four tables with two chairs each and three wood chairs in the back in one isle. So I left as there was no place for me to sit.

Last week I went to the B & N store at the Montclair Mall. There I found that the electrical outlets had been covered and the manager walking around telling people that the tables near the Starbucks are for paying customers. Why offer Wifi if there is no power source. The Montclair store has turned into a Christian book store with at least four rows of religious books at the entrance. Coincidentally the "gay/lesbian" section is gone.

The Corona store used to have a real nice area with six overstuffed chairs around a coffee table. Gone!! Half the store now sells children's books, toys, and games. Oh and the "gay/lesbian" section is gone.

So this afternoon I sent an email to the "customer service" department on the Barnes & Noble website with my observations. Not that they will care, but I told them I'm done with their store.

A sad day indeed.

No comments: