Saturday, November 13, 2010

This is an ad put out by the American Humanist Association. I'm sure I've told the story in the past about how my last visit to our church was when Pastor Bob did a sermon on Adam and Eve and how Eve was responsible for the sin of the world. I couldn't then, and still don't today, understand how Christians could believe that a loving God would saddle all women with the responsibility for "original sin."

Throughout the Bible women are treated as second class citizens. Christians like to use the story of Sodom and Gomorrah to lambaste the gays, but lost in the story I think is the fact that Lot offers his two virgin juvenile daughters to the mob to have sex with them instead of the strangers. What is up with that??

I can't believe in a religious myth that holds that women are not equal to men. That would not be my idea of a "loving God."

No comments: