Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday afternoon the Corona Police Department responded to a suspicious vehicle in a parking lot leaking some type of liquid. The vehicle was a U-Haul truck and it was parked in the lot of a restaurant but not completely in a parking space. The restaurant was on the north side of the 91 freeway at Green River Rd. The Riverside Sheriff's bomb squad responded and they found an unconscious female in the front of the truck.  I never heard what the liquid was, but my bet would be meth chemicals of some kind and the driver was overcome by the fumes.  But that could just be my suspicious nature!!


Meanwhile, the CHP shut down the east and west bound 91 freeway east and west of Green River Rd.  So, guess who was on the freeway returning from a bike ride??  That's right!!  I sat in bumper to bumper traffic for a bit and then completely stopped with my engine off for 30 minutes. 


The Jr. high aged girls in the red van decided to have a small party before traffic took off again.  I heard on the radio that CHP closed it again for another 15 - 20 min. after I got thru.  Never a dull moment in SoCal.


The bike ride was from Yorba Linda Park east to just west of Green River Road and back.  About 16 miles.  Saw lots of squirrels, a couple of rabbits, and two coyotes.  One coyote looked at me like a pork chop, but didn't seem interested in challenging me.  It was also the first ride on a new bicycle seat I had to buy.  The old one was split in three places.  Too many miles I guess.

No comments: