Saturday, June 11, 2011

It's always a great day to open the newspaper and find that today is the birthday of Adrienne Barbeau. Adrienne Jo Barbeau was born 66 years ago in Sacramento, California. Adrieene is an actress, singer and published author. She is married to Billy Van Zandt and she has three sons, including a set of twins she delivered at the age of 51 years old.


Adrienne started her career on Broadway in the chorus line of "Fiddler on the Roof."  She has since starred in more than 25 musicals and plays including, "Grease", "Best Little Whorehouse in Texas," and "Woman Behind Bars."  She was nominated for a Tony Award for her portrayal of "Rizzo" in "Grease."


In the 70's she starred as the daughter of Bea Arthur in the series "Maude."  The series ran from 1972 to 1978.  In her autobiography entitled "There Are Worse Things I Could Have Done," Adrienne remarked, "What I didn't know is that when I said my lines, I was usually walking down a set of stairs and no one was listening to me.  They were watching my breasts proceed me."  Her television appearances also included "The Match Game," "Love Boat," and "Fantasy Island."


Adrienne was in several movies including the 1981 Burt Reynolds movie "Cannonball Run."  She was also in several cult classics like "The Fog,"  "Swamp Thing," and Escape from New York."

Adrienne released an album in 1998 entitled "Adrienne Barbeau," and has written an autobiography and a novel entitled "Vampyres of Hollywood." 

No comments: