Sunday, May 27, 2012

It was a beautiful day for a bike ride today (Sunday). Started out at Fairmont Park in Riverside and rode about 10.5 miles S/W along the bike trail and then back. It was bright and sunny with temps in the high 70's. The photo below is one of the small ponds in the park where the ducks usually hang out. 


There were quite a few families out enjoying the river today.


I can tell it is summer as I saw my first snakes today.  Two to be exact.  One slithered across the bike trail in front of me.  It was brown and skinny.  The second one, shown below, was hanging out next to the bike trail with his head up checking things out. If you zoom in on the photo below you will see that it is black kinda checkered around it's head but it's tail is almost pink.  All I know is that it was a snake and I stay clear of them. 

No comments: