Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I arrived in Cottage Grove Monday evening. There was an overturned semi one mile south of the off ramp for Cottage Grove, so I had to sit in traffic for about an hour before getting up to my off ramp.  Freeway traffic was being taken off the freeway and sent thru Cottage Grove.  I found the chief of police directing traffic at an intersection.  My brother-in-law is a dispatcher for Cottage Grove PD so he was basically the scene coordinater, radio operator, and PIO. Steve came home from work pooped.
 

Tuesday morning I went for a bike ride along the Row River and out past Dorena Lake.  What a pretty bike trail.  I went out and back 34 miles in all. This first photo is the Row River from a bridge I crossed on my bike.


This is how the bike trail looks for most of the way. 


Lake Dorena is a beautiful lake.  There are notices all along the bike trail to stay out of the water as it has some kind of algae in it.  I also only saw one boat on the lake, although it is a weekday.

No comments: