Monday, January 5, 2015

CBS sportscaster Jim Rome tweeted his thoughts about marching bands during the recent bowl games and started a firestorm in response. Mr. Rome tweeted, "Is there anyone not in band who think those dorks running around with their instruments are cool?"


One of the responses was,"please tell the marching band members of the USMC how "uncool" they are" and included the photo below.  Mr. Rome received over 8,000 tweets in less than 24 hrs. condemning his badmouthing marching band members. Mr. Rome deleted his tweet and issued this apology, "Band members-I hear ya.  I was out of line. I do not condone bullying of any kind and that was not my intent."


I am one of those who stay and watch the half time performance of the marching bands at the HS games we attend.  Corey was a marching band member so I know how much time they put into their performances.  I watch a lot of college football and have always been disappointed when the stations break for half time and gives stats and replays instead of showing the marching bands.  Some of the colleges have awesome bands, as is exemplified by the performance by Ohio State below.


No comments: