Saturday, April 4, 2015




My First Big League Game

I went to my first big league game, I couldn’t believe my luck.
My dad said, “Here’s your ticket son” and we headed for his truck.
“I’ll get my glove” I told my dad, “I’m gonna catch a ball.”
I climbed up into the truck’s front seat, I’m seven after all.

First I saw the stadium lights burning brightly on the hill,
The huge team logo in glowing lights; Man I couldn’t sit still.
We’re walking through the parking lot, heading for the gate,
Come on dad, we better run, you’re gonna make us late.

My dad bought me a baseball cap; man it’s really cool,
The team mascot came by my seat acting like a fool.
I had a hot dog, cotton candy, and an icy for a start,
Leaving room for an ice cream sandwich when dad wants dessert.

A foul ball came right towards us; I was ready with mitt,
The ball landed just behind us and I heard a man yell sh*t.
Manny hit a homer and we won the game by one,
Going to a big league game was sure a lot of fun.  
Ken Ferguson

No comments: