Friday, September 5, 2008

RNC - over at last!!



I watched the last of the Republican National Convention last night and I have to say my opinion of McCain hasn't changed a bit. In fact, after watching the bio video of Cindy McCain, I think I would be more apt to vote for her than her husband.



Frankly, McCain's speech was little more that the same old McCain/Bush song and dance. Did you know McCain was a POW?? More scare tactics and us against them. Did you know McCain was a POW?? Nothing else seems to stand out in my memory of the speech from last night. OH, did you know McCain was a POW?? It seems that's all they have to offer.





It was interesting to watch the crowd during McCain's speech. First of all the crowd was predominately older white folks, many in suits and ties. The Obama crowd was made up of a wide range of ethnicity. The Obama crowd also showed lots of gay and lesbian folks. Many in the McCain crowd could be seen sitting on their hands while others rose to applaud. Once or twice McCain said something that he expected to be greeted by applause and he stood there in a pregnant pause as none came.


Many are saying that the race will be close, right down to the end. I don't think so. I think there are a lot of people fed up with the last eight Bush years and see McCain as a continuation of the same. People want change in the economy and the war, etc. McCain made the plea that he and Caribou Barbie are all about change and tried real hard to distance themselves from the Bush/Cheney administration. I don't think people will buy it. We'll see.

Update: I read today that there were 36 black delegates on the floor of the Republican National Convention this year out of a total of 2,380. That number is down from 167 black delegates in 2004. The Republicans don't seem to have a message for the minorities in this country.

No comments: