Sunday, January 25, 2009

After going to the park, Suzie and I went to visit my dad. My dad is 87 years old and lives in an assisted living center here in Bellingham. So every time I make a trip up here I try to see my dad as much as possible.

I guess when you get older and take several different medications your skin gets real thin. His skin is like rice paper. So when he bumps himself he gets skin tears. You can see where his left arm is bandaged from a couple of places where he has torn his skin. Suzie goes by his apartment every other day or so to check or change his bandages and put his medications in one of those dispensers that looks like a calendar.

My dad is still pretty sharp mentally and still cracks a joke from time to time. I just wish he didn't watch that ridiculous Bill O'Reilly Show!!!

On Friday we took a break from moving and took my dad to lunch at a fish place down the street from his building. He still has a good appetite, which I think is a good sign. He still gets out and walks every day and goes to an exercises class at the senior center three times a week.

Lucy came along to keep an eye on things.

No comments: