Sunday, January 25, 2009

So it's time to catch everybody up on whats been going on these last couple of days. Friday morning I was up bright and early and went to my car to find it covered with a thin coat of ice. I had to run the defroster for about 15 minutes to be able to see through the windshield to drive. Oh ya, it was a balmy 26 degrees outside.

I spent the day moving Suzie and Kathy to their new apartment. Their apartment is real nice with two bedrooms and much more room to live in.

Part of the moving included bringing Kathy's scooter over to the new apartment. She has a snow suit she wears while riding to protect her from the wind chill at 25-30 mph.

Saturday morning I took the trailer back to Uhaul. I got out of my car in the Uhaul parking lot and found it covered with patches of ice. It was a bit warmer, and later in the morning, so it was 31 degrees.

Suzie and I took Lucy (their beagle) to the dog park at my favorite place here, Patton Lake. As you can see part of the lake was frozen. Lucy is checking out the ice. Note here stunning coat with hoodie!!!

There were patches of ice everywhere. I found out that if it gets foggy when it's cold the fog will freeze and leave these nice patches of ice everywhere.

This is a gated area near the lake where you can let your dog run free and play and romp with other dogs. You (Suzie) just have to try to clean up the dog poop after your own dog. They provide little plastic bags for the chore.

No comments: