Monday, October 5, 2009

One of the perks of being retired is not having to wake up to an alarm clock, or the ringing of the telephone. I don't have to jump out of bed and run around getting ready to go somewhere. This morning I opened my eyes and looked at the clock at 7:33a.m. I laid there for awhile wondering what the day holds and woke up again at 7:50a.m. I lay in bed awhile longer stretching and wondering who is home this morning.

I finally get up, use the bathroom, put on some clothes, and take my blood pressure. (127/74) I come out of the bedroom and find that Josh and Corey are still home. Karen has been gone for over an hour.

I grab a glass of orange juice and fire up my laptop. An email from my friend Jack tells me my letter to the opinion section of the local newspaper has been printed. I check a few of my regular websites such as KNX1070.com and msn.msnbc.com for what's new this morning.

My Minnesota Twins ended the regular baseball season tied for first place with the Detroit Tigers and will play a game on Tuesday to decide the league championship. Both the Angels and Dodgers won their divisions.

Corey pops out of his room with his cell phone in his hand. He is off to work at noon to work security at Chaffey H.S. Josh comes out a short time later, off to work at the theater at 10:00 a.m.

I have my breakfast while reading the newspaper. Honeynut Cheerios!! My letter on dominionism will hopefully make some people stop and think. I'm sure it will rattle some.

I need to do my chores and then I'm off for a bike ride.

No comments: