Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Went for a bike ride today, no surprise there I suppose. I started my ride at the Yorba Linda Regional Park, which is generally in the area of the 91 freeway and Imperial Highway. I rode the bike path east to the end near Green River Rd. The distance, one way is about 7.5 miles. I went up and back twice for a little over 30 miles. The ride has a couple of pretty good hills to give my legs a good burn.

There was a lot of water in the river today. Run off from the recent rains no doubt. I don't think I have ever seen this much water in this little river before.


Took a break in the park between trips east and ate a banana and drank some (lots) of water. The park is a really nice park with a small lake in the middle. Lots of people walking, jogging, etc.

My bike now has over 2,000 miles on it. I think it's time to take it in for a checkup. I know the back wheel needs to be straightened. Just put new tires and tubes on a couple of weeks ago. I will have to wash off all the really cool mud that I got on it today!! Mountain bikes need mud!!

No comments: