Saturday, October 16, 2010

Morning chapel was highlighted by a visit by Carlos Mota, who works for the local mayor and acts as an interpreter for the deaf people in his church. Carlos comes to the deaf school every Friday and provides a message for the students and staff. He has the best facial expessions when he talks. The message was in Spanish and sign and I still got the jest of the message.

Friday was a busy day. Jim replaced a toilet seal in the office bathroom You can see that I played an intricate part in the job!! Note the towel around my neck? It has been 91-92 degrees and 67% humidity!!

Here's the real worker on that particular project. My day was spent cleaning classrooms, including emptying trash and sweeping and mopping the floors. I caught myself knocking on the door of the student's girl's restroom before entering and then remembered I was a a deaf school!! Duh!!! Thankfully it was empty.

After work, we headed to the beach. Always a nice way to end the day.

This is the same beach as Thrusday, Blue Beach in Liquillo.

The evening was topped off by a trip to Peggy and Jerry's. The attraction here is pinchos. It's basicly a pork or chicken shish kabab and a piece of sourdough bread. Yum Yum!!!

NOTE: Please excuse my spelling. Everytime I hit the spell check it highlights every word because it wants to change it to Spanish.

No comments: