Friday, January 28, 2011

We've had some gorgeous weather the last few days here in SoCal. Thursday I rode my bicycle from Anaheim Stadium to the Huntington Beach Pier and back. It was clear, about 78 degrees, and a slight breeze when I started. This is the view from Zac's at the pier. You can see Catalina Island off in the horizon.

This is where the Santa Ana River joins the Pacific Ocean and about 12.5 miles from Anaheim Stadium. Not much for surf and the tide was out.

On the way back I picked up a sticker in my back tire and had to stop. I pulled the sticker out and squeezed the tire to work the green goo inside. I pumped it up and away I went. My self-sealing tires paid for themselves, although I had to stop and add a little more air at 10-mile park.

I finished the 34.5 mile ride no worse for wear, just a bit tired. Great way to spend a beautiful SoCal day.

No comments: